The committee has taken the decision to allow scaled down training sessions to commence for club members. However, given the tighter restrictions which we are all living with at the present time, these sessions must be coordinated in line with the current Government and Scottish Athletics Federation guidelines. There are also some additional requirements that have arisen as a result of the Covid-19 risk assessment that has been carried out.
- Groups of up to 8 including the leader, can meet for a pre-arranged run
- Each group must be led by either a trained Jog Leader or Covid Coordinator
- Members must sign up to a group prior to the run and complete the contact and trace form on the club website. Once the maximum number of 8 is reached, no further members can attend the session. Please do not turn up if you have not pre-registered as this puts everyone in an awkward position!
- Members MUST have read the Covid-19 and General Running risk assessments prior to attending the session
- Members must NOT attend the session if they feel unwell or are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms
What happens if a participant tests positive?
If any participant who attends a training session contracts Covid-19, following a positive test they should:
- Inform the club Covid Coordinator of your positive test at the following email: NEED TO INSERT
- Provide NHS Test and Protect with our Covid Coordinator’s details as the club contact. Any positive test will be treated confidentially
- Once contacted by NHS Test and Protect, our Covid Coordinator will provide contact details of the group participants who were in close proximity to the individual (if they attended the same session).
It is important that group leaders keep a register of attendees for contact tracing purposes. By registering for a session you are confirm the following:
- You have read and understood the Covid 19 risk assessment and General Running risk assessment
- You are not displaying any symptoms of Covid 19
- You agree to your information being shared with NHS Test and Protect in the event that a participant in the group you attended contracts Covid 19
- The club will not take responsibility for members who contract Covid 19 as a result of joining in a group session
To sign up for a session please follow the link below: